Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RTW: Blurb It


I decided to take part in YA Highway’s Road Trip Wednesday because, frankly, Wednesday doesn’t get the love it deserves on this blog.

So, Road Trip Wednesday (RTW to those who speak only in acronyms) is a blog carnival where YA Highway’s contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on their own blogs. This week’s prompt:

Give a blurb for your favorite book or one of your own.

I won’t blurb my own book because you know how that would end up: “I may never read again so as not to tar my memory with prose less beautiful than this.”

Right.

So how about I blurb a couple books I’ve read recently instead?

First up, Paper Towns by John Green:


“I laughed until soda came out my nose. I cried like a pregnant woman at a baptism. I decided I should have dated a dork in high school.”

And Paranormalcy by Kiersten White:


“White’s perky-yet-tough narrator Evie convinced me that tasing people is fun. Too bad the cops disagreed.”


No comments:

Post a Comment