Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

RTW: Fictional Characters In Love. Awww.



 Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This Week’s Topic: What are your favorite literary couples. You know, the ones you like apart, but LOVE together!



This is a tough one. I pretty much love any couples in books. So I’m going to cheat and list a few. Kill me if you must.



Romeo and Juliet
I mean, come on. Love at first sight. Forbidden love. Tragedy. It’s the best love story ever told—and that’s saying a lot since the protagonists die in the end. And, yes that’s a spoiler but if you don’t know that by now then you’ve been living in a cave. (So, does that cave get high-speed Internet? Because if you can read my blog you can most definitely read Romeo and Juliet.)


Elizabeth Bennet and Darcy 
So there’s no poisoning or blood in the end of Pride and Prejudice but there’s unlikely love. And lots of heart thumping moments. And a happy ending this time. (Assume any other characters written by Jane Austen or those Bronte ladies belongs here, too.)

And now for YA…


Katniss and Peeta
My husband read The Hunger Games series and barely paid attention to the Peeta or Gale debate. I, on the other hand, was firmly on Team Peeta and that’s the romance I love from this book. Also, it gives me a great reason to show you my pick for Peeta in the film. And any chance I have to slap up a photo of Alex Pettyfer, I take it. See...


OK, revert your eyes back to me. Um, guys… Really, you can scroll back up and drool later. Because I have one more couple I loved.




Katsa and Po
I loved how Gracelings Katsa, a trained fighter, is able to find love. And that Po challenges her and respects her. Because love plus knives divided by a quest equals awesome squared.

And those are some of my favorite fictional couples. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment