Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Friday, March 18, 2011

First Draft Bloopers


The thing I most love about writing a first draft is being able to run with a story. It’s like watching a movie for me. Sort of. I know where I’m headed and I know the major stops along the way, but the rest? Totally unexpected.

Because of this, I write fast. It took me a while to learn this, but now I mostly write without self-editing. Sure, I might go back and review yesterday’s work to get back in the story, but as I’m writing I won’t stop to rework a sentence 34 times.

But this type of writing can lead to some discrepancies. Like this gem, which The Man found while reading:

Act 1: main character has no boobs
Act 2: main character has boobs
Act 3: main character has no boobs

I can only guess that my main character got a boob job, didn’t like it, and got a reduction. But isn’t that backstory?

And to answer your question: Yes, I’m worried that my husband is paying attention to my main character’s chest size.


emo scene hipster - Harry Potter and the Deathly Headblows

No comments:

Post a Comment