Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Won't You Be My Neighbor


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week, Road Trip Wednesday the prompt was: Which book character would you like most as a next door neighbor?

This was a hard one. For starters, anyone who’s anyone in a novel tends to get themselves into heaps of trouble. And I don’t want trouble. I want a friend, someone who will let me chill on their couch when I lock myself out of my apartment, even if it’s the middle of the night.

I don’t want someone who’s tempted to suck my blood, maul me with razor-sharp claws, or do some dark magic that will leave me possessed by a demon lord or the spirit of a chicken.

I was about to make the No Paranormal or Magic rule when I realized who I most want to live next door:


And, yeah, I might get turned into a chicken now and then but it’d be all in good fun. And I’m sure someone would turn me back soon. Or at least feed me daily.

When I’m human again, the Weasleys would invite me to family meals and treat me like a member of the family ... who happens to be very lame and unable to open the front door when she yells Alohomora.

Who would be your ideal (fictional) neighbor?

No comments:

Post a Comment