Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vote for the November Book Club Pick

Dude.

Holy cow. If this week were a heavy piece of construction machinery I’d be flattened like a cartoon character. It just sort of plowed me over and has kept going even though I’ve been wearing unfashionable reflective clothing. And, seriously, who wants to die in garish clothes in the middle of a construction site?

Anyhow, I wanted to stop in and discuss two issues. FIRST! We need to pick a book club book for November. Here are some suggestions, but I’d like to hear some of your picks, too.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr


Scored by Lauren McLaughlin

Ashfall by Mike Mullin

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver


All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin

We’ll vote on Friday.

(Insert seamless segue.)

Remember that contest I’m holding? In case you forgot, a brief reminder: You can win books, a literary-inspired T-shirt, an Amazon.com gift card, and a super cool poster. For directions on how to enter, click on over here. That’s where you’ll fill out the form, too.

You have until next Monday, November 14 to enter. After that, I’m going to give a prize to your online friends. Sorry ’bout that.

So, it’s like this:

  1. Enter the giveaway here.
  2. Recommend some books for our November book club selection.
  3. Come back tomorrow to vote on the books you guys have suggested.
Also, avoid construction sites this week. I just have a bad feeling…


No comments:

Post a Comment