Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

RTW: How Far Would You Go?


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week’s prompt was: How far would you go to get published?

Truthfully, I’ll do whatever it takes. Revise 20 times. Ask for help. Start a new story and another one and another one and another one until one sells. I would do just about anything, no matter how hard, to see this dream through.

However.

There are a few things I won’t do—though they’re well-known get-ahead tactics in the publishing industry.* I won’t:

Lie without crossing my fingers behind my back.

Steal without giving my loot to the poor.

Kidnap an editor.

Torture innocent people.

Murder anyone who doesn’t deserve it.

Er, well, about that last one… You interrupt my writing?



How about you guys? How far would you go?


*Please tell me you get my sense of humor…

No comments:

Post a Comment