Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming Soon


Oh hi.

So there’s this blogfest I’m doing in May that I wanted to tell you about, mostly because I want to read the posts you create for it. Which means this is a totally selfish post. I’m okay with that.

See, my friend Sara McClung was having a hard time keeping up with her blog and thought, “Hey, May would be a good month to rededicate myself to the Internet People.” Though I can’t guarantee the order of events, I’m pretty sure she then scratched her chin (yes, in my imagination Sara is really an old man) and said, “How can I make this month of blogging fun?” 

Anyhow, the point of this reenactment is not to get you to picture cute blonde Sara as an old man. No! The point is to tell you that the result of all of her thinking and chin scratching is the Blog Me MAYbe blogfest, which I’m hosting with Sara, Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Cambria Dillon, Jessica Love, Alexandra Shostak, and Lola Sharp.

Here are a few reasons this blogfest is high on the FEST:
  1. Though there’s a schedule for daily posting, you don’t have to post daily.
  2. Which means it’s totally okay if you participate in the blogfest every Monday or only three times in May.
  3. We won’t track you down.
  4. Because we’re lazy.
  5. You don’t have to follow every single blog participating in the blogfest.
  6. If fact, you don’t have to follow a single person to participate.
  7. Yippee.
  8. You don’t have to comment on other people’s posts daily.
  9. Though if you do, I’m sure they’d blush and squeal with joy.
  10. But those against joy and/or squealing can still participate.
  11. We won’t judge.
  12. Much.
So here’s how it works, starting with May 1.

MONDAYS: May I tell you something about writing?
This can be anything writing related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!

TUESDAYS: May I tell you something about myself?
Share something about yourself that your readers may or may not know, like how you’re a professional cake tester. It doesn't matter—this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better.

WEDNESDAYS: May I ask something about you?
Ask your readers something about themselves. Like, any professional cake testers out there? I’d like to lessen your workload a little…

THURSDAYS: May I tell you something about someone else?
Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who’s fascinating. A character from a book. Anyone you want. Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative. Just let the spotlight shine on someone else.

FRIDAYS: May I share something funny?
Friday = the start of the weekend. That’s reason to celebrate and laugh on its own. Plus, who doesn’t want to see something amusing after a long week? (Well, probably those people against squealing for joy...)

So, if you’re interested in playing along—all month or just every now and then—grab a button for your blog and start posting come May.

Words on Paper
You can sign up here, and check these blogs during the month of May to read what other participants have to say:

And in the mean time, I’m going to pretend it’s a Friday in May and leave you with these oldies but goodies:



In case can’t hear it from where you are, I’m SQUEALING with JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment