Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

RTW: Literary Aspirations


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week’s prompt was: What do you hope to be writing in one year? Three? Five?

Let’s be honest for a minute. The following are more along the lines of “I hope that in a year I’ll be swimming in money à la ScroogeMcDuck while watching my pet polar bear cub frolic in my infinity pool” than “I hope that I’ll still have my job and enjoy watching videos like this.” Which is to say, completely unrealistic.

That’s part of the fun, right? So, with that in mind, here are my literary hopes and dreams:

One year: I hope I’ll be writing a second book as I simultaneously work with my editor to edit the first.  (Because of course by then my current WIP will not only have gotten an agent but also a publishing contract.)

Three years: I’ll be writing a blog post to tell you guys that yet another book has hit the New York Times bestseller list and that J.K. Rowling called my latest novel “brilliant.”

Five years: I’ll be polishing my speech for my joint wins of the Newbery and Printz awards. How will I ever differentiate my talks enough that guests who attend both won’t be bored?

Realistically? I just really hope I’m not STILL WRITING THE SAME BOOK AS I HAVE BEEN FOR 12 EONS.

What are your one-, three-, and five-year writing dreams?

P.S. A giant huge monstrous congratulations to Rebecca Behrens whose book just sold! Read the announcement on her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment