Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Class of 2012 YA Superlative Blogfest: Day 2



It’s great to see so many of you joining in the fun. Quick commercial: Even if I can’t comment on all of your blogs (blame the day job, not me!) I promise Im reading them all—and taking notes on which books I need to add to my already monstrous to-be-read pile. 

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming:


Class Clown: Mal from Shadow and Bone


Okay, so his antics are those of a traditional class clown, but c’mon: In the first chapter of the book we see him goofing off right before a perilous trip into the Shadow Fold. (Also, I should mention, snubbing Alina, which The Darkling would never do…)

Most Likely to Become a Rock Star: Sam from Incarnate


It doesn’t matter that Sam is reincarnated constantly. Each time he comes back, hes a musician extraordinaire. Give him another thousand years and he’ll have the whole rock god thing down pat.

Mostly Likely to Start a Riot: Tris from Insurgent


Because, um, she kind of started one already.

Biggest Flirt: Prince Maxon from The Selection


I mean, 35 girls at one time. How do you spell player?

Fashion King: Will from From What I Remember…


Yes, the obligatory gay friend who’s totally into fashion. But I promise it doesn’t come off as cliché. Also, Will is hilarious and well-versed in Mean Girls quotes.

Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF: Rose from Torched


I’m pretty sure you all know about my love of practical jokes. This girl is the queen of ’em. Together, we’d cellophane toilets* up the entire East Coast.

Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School: Perry from Under the Never Sky


I’ll admit, his crazy sexiness did play a role in my choice here. But, really, most YA boys are majorly hot, so the biggest reason I picked Perry is because he has such a giant heart for his nephew. And it’s a known fact that guys + kids = girls turning to mush.

Most Likely to Become President: Paul from Born Wicked


It’s not that he’s set his sights on the oval office (did the oval office even exist back then?), but that the way Paul carries himself is, for lack of a better term, presidential.

Quirkiest Character: The Raven Boys


Listen, I tried to pick the quirkiest of the quirky boys, but I can’t. And maybe Gansey is the most eccentric of the bunch, but Ronan carries a little bird wherever he goes. So there.

Villain You Love to Hate: The Darkling from Shadow and Bone


If by love to hate you mean love to love.

Favorite Parental Figure: Kami’s dad from Unspoken


Because, well, take a look:
“Why are you putting on lip gloss, my daughter?” Dad asked. “Trip to the library? Trip to the nunnery? I hear the nunneries are nice this time of year” 
  
“Is this true, Kami? Are you going out on a date?” Dad asked tragically. “Wearing that? Wouldn’t you fancy a shapeless cardigan instead? You rock a shapeless cardigan, honey.”
Coolest Nerd: Katy from Onyx


Katy’s a book blogger and sucker for all things reading—the best type of nerd, right guys?  



*Professional prankster on a closed course. Do not try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment