Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, July 1, 2013

The YA Book Club's July Pick Is...


You’ve done well, friends. Somehow you read my mind because the book the majority picked for the YA Book Club’s July read is the one I was crossing my fingers for.

Drum roll, please…

When an eccentric millionaire dies mysteriously, sixteen very unlikely people are gathered together for the reading of the will ... and what a will it is! 
The mysterious death of an eccentric millionaire brings together an unlikely assortment of heirs who must uncover the circumstances of his death before they can claim their inheritance. 
That’s right, we’re reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I read this so long ago that I can’t tell you much about the book. I do remember loving it. I also remember a scene with plush carpet and stilettos that sink three inches into it. This made a big impression on me as a kid because I had only played with my mom’s high heels on our thin carpet.   

Anyhow, I’m excited to re-read this and chat about it with you. We’ll be posting our reviews to our blogs on July 29. If you don’t have a blog or don’t have time to write a review, you can discuss your thoughts on the book in the comments on my post. (More details about the YA Book Club here.)

Happy summer reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment