Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, December 22, 2014

8 Terrible Titles


THIS COULD BE A SCENE IN MY WIP, I'LL SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS.
PHOTO BY AKINORI ITO (VIA)
I was tagged by Katy Upperman to participate in the hilariously awesome “Terrible Titles” blog hop. She’s the author of the gripping Stare Out the Windshield (you can see her seven other terrible titles here).

Here’s how it works: Writers scroll through their manuscript and stop in random places. Whatever words/phrase the cursor lands on becomes one of eight terrible titles.

My current WIP, which I’m only halfway through drafting, is about a group of teens searching for a rumored treasure on Blackbird Island. I’ve been calling it Island WIP in my head, but now I have eight ready-made titles to choose from:
  1. A Very Tidy Kisser
  2. I’ll Shave Your Eyebrows
  3. I’m Cheapest In the Summer
  4. Worse Than Dirty Undies
  5. A Bite of Pop-Tart
  6. Making War With Acorns
  7. Stooped With Shame
  8. A Fantastic Dismissal

Honestly, I can’t see I’ll Shave Your Eyebrows as anything but a bestseller. I’m going to tag Alice, Jaime Morrow, and Liz Parker. May their titles be as terrible as mine.


Winners!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2014 YA Superlatives Blogfest. I’m sure you’re curious about the giveaway, so here it goes: The winners are Rachel at Beauty and the Bookshelf, Elodie Nowodazkij, Nicole at Quality Fangirls, and Sophie L. And thank you to Kelsey Macke, who’s donated her novel, Damsel Distressed, to a bonus winner: Sarah Chafin. Please contact Katy Upperman at katy[dot]upperman[at]live[dot]com!


No comments:

Post a Comment