Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RTW: From Paris, With Love


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic. This week’s question:

If you could live within the universe of one book, which would you choose?

I’ll be honest: I wanted to say Harry Potter here. I mean magic? Talking paintings? Quidditch? It’s like Disney but better: It’s literally the most magical place on earth. (You know, if it were real.)

But then I thought: Can I really do better than Kate Hart? Um, no.

So I thought about some of the books I’ve recently read. If I were to be miraculously transported into one of them I think I cry. No, scratch that. I’d scream and then cry. I’ve done this to myself, of course, what with my current fascination with dystopia. Seriously, the characters in the past few books I’ve read live in the kind of worlds that are fun to read about but would massively suck in real life.

And then I thought about Anna and the French Kiss. First, it takes place in Paris. Then there’s this hot boy.

Also, IT’S SET IN PARIS.

Stephanie Perkins did such a great job with the setting in this book that I was transported here:


And here:


So as much as I may enjoy reading about utopias-gone-wrong, I would not trade this:


For this:

Not even if I was guaranteed this:




What about you?


Play along on your blog then head over to YA Highway to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment