Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, January 24, 2011

Two-Timer


When it comes to how we read, The Man and I couldn’t be more different. I like to focus on one book at a time. I’m annoyingly loyal to a book, according to The Man, who has to wait until I’ve finished a novel before I’ll read something he suggests.

The Man, on the other hand, is a two-timer. Really, he’s a four-timer or nine-timer. He’ll read almost a dozen books at the same time (especially if they’re nonfiction). He’s frustratingly disloyal. Right in the middle of one book he’ll pick up another and start fresh.

You can imagine his way of reading leads to about two dozen half-read books on his shelf at any time. Plently of them never get finished, which saddens me. (It also irritates me to no end, because more half-read books = more books laying in random spots in the house.)

I always ask how he can remember what’s going on in so many books with so much time elapsing between readings. His answer:

“I can’t.”



Are you faithful to one book or a two-timing reader? Anyone else out there read more than five at once?

No comments:

Post a Comment