Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

RTW: Books In Music Form


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week, Road Trip Wednesday the prompt was: If your WIP(s) or favorite book(s) were a song, which song would they be?

It’s funny. So many times I hear a song and think that it embodies everything about a certain book. Or I think that a character from a book I’ve read would really love that song. (Haven’t we already established my insanity?)

Thinking back, it’s harder to pinpoint songs to go with my favorite books. I think what makes a song and story fit isn’t necessarily the lyrics. It’s that the mood of the book and the mood of the song are so similar that it seems one was written for the other.

These fit that description. The mood’s right. Listening to it makes me feel the way I felt while reading the book—at least mostly.



The Duff = Loser Like Me, by the cast of Glee


There’s a change in tone toward the end of this book, which doesn’t really fit this song. Forget about that, mkay? 


Anna and the French Kiss = Pour un Infidele” by Coeur de Pirates


Here’s another because it’s a beautiful song. Also, I imagine Anna and Etienne holding hands at some Parisian café while this plays in the background.



What song would your favorite book be? Or your WIP?

No comments:

Post a Comment