Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Earworm


There’s a word I hate that automatically came to my mind when I decided to write this post. Actually, there are a lot of words I hate (not the least of which are these two) but this just happens to be the one that wiggled its way into my brain right now:

Earworm.

Oh. God.

I should preface this whole post by telling you that I am deathly afraid of anything alive that creeps, crawls, slithers, skitters, wiggles, or has more than four legs.* Basically, I like my animals larger than my hand and covered in fur. (NOBODY tell me there is a hairy spider larger than my hand in the world. If you do, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND DESTROY YOU.)

Right, so the word earworm. I’m well aware that it’s not actually referring to a worm but is in fact a song that you can’t get out of your mind. (Like this.**) However. The word sounds too much like an actual worm that wiggles into your brain through your ears.

Oh no.

I interrupt this post with a horrible, terrible, make-me-curl-in-a-ball-and-want-to-vomit visual image. Sorry guys. If it makes you feel better, I completely creeped myself out with that one.

Anyway, I have this pounding headache that I’m 99.9978 percent sure is not a result of expanding blood vessels in my brain. I’m also certain this brain ache has nothing to do with the kink in my neck or the insane amount of time I’ve spent staring at a computer screen this weekend.

No. I’m pretty sure it’s a result of brain invaders. And one word comes to mind: Earworm. And mine? Mine is some sort of wannabe rock god because it’s playing the drums on my eyeballs, which if you think about it is pretty rude.

I just thought you should know this. Also, I thought you should know that there is still time to sign up for the Class of 2011 YASuperlative Blogfest, during which you can get back at all those losers who didn’t vote you Best Smile in high school by assigning your own superlatives to fictional characters. Youll show them!

And because I care deeply about all of you:



Courtesy of the lovely Ryan Gosling Reads Young Adult.

This is going to seem like a non sequitur, but I promise it isnt: Name a good song (or songs or album) youve been listening to recently. I need to get that terrible Song I Shall Not Name (the curious can click above) out of my head.

*Dear, Katherine, I do not understand you, but I admire you and would love to have you come over next time I need something teensy tiny killed. Deal?

**Click at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment