Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

RTW: The Writing Retreat


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week’s prompt was: Describe your dream writing retreat. Where would you go? Who and what would you bring?

Here’s what I’m thinking: I wouldn’t want to visit a city lest I be tempted by culture and delicious food to give up writing and tour the place. I wouldn’t want to visit the remote woodlands of this or any other country because, hello, girls always get killed when they’re all alone in the middle of nowhere. Still, I don’t think shutting myself up in an ugly, boring (yet moderately populated) place would be my ideal writing retreat, either.

So I’d pick a gorgeous land that would inspire writing but could also keep me away from civilization if the temptation to sightsee happened to sink its talons into me. My pick: the Irish countryside.





Oh, and where should this retreat take place? Why, in a castle of course. (You said dream, didn’t you?)




You’re all welcome to join. I have a feeling there’d be plenty of room. Well be going when the airs crisp so we could write outside or at the top of a cliff, bundled in wool sweaters with the wind beating our hair against our faces.


Where would you go on your dream writing retreat? (Or, on your dream retreat of any kind?)

No comments:

Post a Comment