Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, April 30, 2012

YA Book Club: May Novel



When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me that saying never was the kiss of death. There’s something magical about the word because as soon as you say it, plans are in the works for you to break that statement.
Me, age 12: “I’ll never eat brussels sprouts.”
Me, now: “Balsamic-roasted brussels sprouts with almonds? I could eat a pound.”  
Me, age 20: “I’ll never go skydiving.”
Me , age 21: “Now, do I jump out of the plane or do you push us?” 
Me, last year: “We’ll never read a sequel for book club. That’s too exclusive.”
Me, today: “Guys, your pick for the May book is Insurgent by Veronica Roth.”
Could you hear that okay through all the crunching and chewing? I’m sorry but I’m in the middle of eating my words as I type. Mmm


So the book releases May 1 and the book club chat is May 31. That gives you 30 days to read the book. You can do that. I know you can.

The Details
Who: You and any YA-loving friends you have.
What: YA Book Club chat about Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Where: In the comments on this blog and/or on your blog. (For more details, click here.)
When: Thursday, May 31
Why: Because reading is cool. Also, it makes your teeth whiter.

Also, remember that the Blog Me MAYbe blogfest starts tomorrow. For details, go here. We
d love for you to join in. The more = the merrier.

It’s been a pretty short post and I want to give you some valuable life lesson before you go. So guys, here it is. What you’ve always wanted to know:



That’s how it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment