Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, July 23, 2012

Mystery Quotes


Good day, friends.

So all this formal speaking is finding its way into my daily life because I’ve been gorging on a steady diet of YA fantasy novels. I plan to review them here, but considering I’m on deadline and would probably do a terrible job, I thought I’d give you a sneak peak.

Here, quotes from four fantasies I’ve recently loved. Five points to Gryffindor if you can name the book. (Also, five points to Microsoft Word for having the word Gryffindor in the dictionary.)

Book #1
I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I’d catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I’d seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I’d realize that you weren’t there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me.
Book #2
“Honor from death,” I snap, “is a myth. Invented by the war torn to make sense of the horrific. If we die, it will be so that others may live. Truly honorable death, the only honorable death, is one that enables life.”
Book #3
No friend had I made there, but I wasn’t with this group to make friends, and besides, he sneered too much. I’ve found that people who sneer are almost always sneering at me.
Book #4
Envy hurt exponentially more than heartbreak because your soul was torn in two, half soaring with happiness for another person, half mired in a well of self-pity and pain.
(Quotes are from Goodreads, so if any are misprinted, you can go ahead and blame them…)

So, can anyone guess the books?

No comments:

Post a Comment