Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In My Next Life...


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week’s prompt was: If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, which would it be?

My answer to this question has nothing to do with which books I most enjoyed or which settings are the most real and descriptive. The one deciding factor here was this: On a scale of one to kids killing each other for rich adults’ amusement, how hard is this charcter’s life?

Which is why I will not be reincarnated as a character from a dystopia, fantasy (hello, serfdom, war, pestilence, and lack of plumbing), or sci-fi. I think I’ll live in a good ol’ contemporary, thank you very much. And not a Gayle Forman-type contemp, either. (As much as I’d love an Adam, I’m not willing to lose my family in a horrid car accident to get him.)

So I’m going with a book that makes me smile nonstop: Anna and the French Kiss


There are a lot of benefits to being Anna:
  1. Despite the fact that her life’s not perfect throughout, it’s a heck of a lot better than being a servant girl, fighting in a war, contracting a disease, being married to an ugly, unloving husband at the age of 15, being a science experiment, living during an alien attack, or any of the other ways characters lives suck big time.
  2. Etienne St. Clair
  3. The story takes place in Paris.
  4. See No. 2.

Which fictional character would you like to come back as? 

No comments:

Post a Comment