Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, September 10, 2012

This Is What Your Story Sounds Like


It doesn’t happen often (I try to contain my brilliance, as you well know), but sometimes I’ll be listening to a song and think, “This is THE MOST PERFECT MUSIC EVER to go along with such-and-such book.”

Like when I heard this song and couldn’t get Anna and the French Kiss out of my mind. Can you not see Anna and Etienne going around Paris, hand in hand, to this tune? Can you not imagine the montage that would be happening during this song if this were a movie?

Well, I’m not the only one who thinks some songs are just made for certain books or certain passages from books. Maria Popova of the fascinating site Brain Pickings (dare ya to visit without getting sucked in) has created a music-book mash-up site called Literary Jukebox.

Popova picks a book quote, matches it with a song and voila. Check it out here.

Are there any songs you feel represent a book, a scene, or even a quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment