Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Thursday, February 7, 2013

This is What My Book Sounds Like


Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides
I recently had one of those rare moments when I listen to an album and go, Dude, your sounds just told my story.

It’s a pretty awesome experience.

I don’t listen to music while writing, but I like to have a soundtrack to my story. It sets the mood for what I’ll be writing, even if the lyrics have nothing to do with the story I’m telling.

Well, the other day I was listening to the Black Veil Brides Wretched and Divine album and—BOOM. It hit me that the songs perfectly capture the mood of a book I have brewing in my brain. The determination of “Nobody’s Hero.” The aching sadness of “Lost it All.”  The strength and acceptance in “In the End.”

(On a side note, the entire album is really great. You know, even if the music doesn’t tell the story you’re writing.)

And because it’s the only song on the album with a video on YouTube and because copyright laws prevent it from playing on my blog, Ill send you off to watch “In the End” by Black Veil Brides.

What music is inspiring your writing right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment