Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Current Revision Process as Illustrated by Jennifer Lawrence Gifs



Yes, I really spent the time to write this post.

It’s just that I was going to use my What’s Up Wednesday* post to explain what the past few days of work on my book have been like when I had a sudden realization: Anything I say Jennifer Lawrence can say better. And she’s more adorable. So here, courtesy of an addictive Tumblr blog dedicated to Jennifer Lawrence gifs, I give you my current stage of the revision process:


The bones of my first draft have been written. Now I need to fill in some extra scenes. Glad I have an entire list of ideas.


Maybe interesting isn’t the right world. It’s more like fantastic. Okay, reality check:


All is going well until...PLOT HOLE.


I’ll tell you what I do: Get to work.



Right. Well, there’s always tomorrow. In fact, just as I’m nestling under my covers I have a brilliant idea. I’ll write it all down tomorrow.


Which begs the question: Why was I too lazy to find a pen and paper and make a note?!


You know what, I can work through this. I will fill that plot hole like... like... like a filler of things who fills things. I need a nap.


Three hours later...


Six hours later...


Okay, I need to approach this differently.


That’s right, you ridiculous plot hole, YOU WILL NOT WIN!


Besides, even if this book’s a bust, I still get to have fun working on it.


What’s up with you?


*If Jennifer Lawrence hasn’t distracted you too much, you’ll see I’m missing a few key elements of What’s Up Wednesday. So here, like a chunky footnote you dread to read, is my update. What I’m Reading: I felt like a quick mystery, so I bought Kat Carlton’s Two Lies and a Spy on a whim. It reminded me a lot of Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls spy series, and I’m interested to see where this series goes from here. It’s a light, fun read. What’s Inspiring Me: This oldie but goodie from Veronica Rossi at the YA Muses blog about finding your character’s root need.



No comments:

Post a Comment