Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What’s Up Wednesday, No. 7: The Class of 2013 YA Superlatives Blogfest Edition



Can I just say how much I love Jaime Morrow’s fall button up there? It’s forecasted to be 82 today (in Massachusetts, I remind you), so I’ll take any fall I can get.

What I’m Reading: I’m still holding off on reading until this last portion of my WIP is finished. But when I’m done, Crown of Midnight and Code Name Verity, here I come. More on what you should be reading in a minute.

What I’m Writing: I mentioned that the first draft of my current WIP is super short, so I’ve been slowly adding to it, filling in missing scenes full of angst and pain and evil mwahahahas on my part. Speaking of that book, I think I need to name it here so I stop confusing you. And when I say “you,” I really mean future me who might be reading my past posts to see how far I’ve come with this WIP. So I hereby christen this manuscript “Murder WIP,” which I think is pretty self-explanatory if you were wondering what the story is about.

What Else I’ve Been Up To: A lot of you are familiar with the YA Superlative Blogfest. (Think high school year book superlatives for YA books.Yes, it’s that fun.) Well, Katy Upperman, Jessica Love, Alison Miller and I are currently planning the year-end event. 

Mark your calendars for the third week of December when we’ll be hosting the Class of 2013 YA Superlative Blogfest. Then start reading those 2013 books you’ve been meaning to get to. (Here’s a great list of some.)

Confused? Check out my picks from 2011 and 2012. And stay tuned for more details, including the exact dates and categories, plus how to participate.

What’s Inspiring Me: I blogged about this on Monday, but I’m going to mention it again because it’s so great. Author Sara B. Larson had an awesome post on overcoming doubt. It’s something I’ve really been struggling with recently: Am I good enough? Will this manuscript ever read the way I dreamed it in my mind? Will I ever reach those goals I have for my writing career? Sara’s post was like the Ghost of Authors Past telling me I’m not alone, that published authors feel this way, that I’m not doomed to failure. So, you know, kind of inspiring. And definitely worth a read.


What’s up with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment