Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Monday, January 23, 2012

Query Mad Libs



About a week ago, I was chitchatting with Erin Bowman and Amy Garvey on Twitter and had one of those Aha! moments that really require a self-illuminating light bulb to appear directly over my head. Because I thought of something super fun to do with you guys.

It is not playing Internet Twister. (Though if someone has an idea of how that might work I’d gladly put my right foot on red to see it.)

It is not playing “Never Have I Ever” via vlog posts. (Though, again, I’d most definitely watch yours.)

And, despite the fact that this sounds awesome and is also something teen me totally would have done, it is not pulling pranks on unsuspecting people while videotaping them for YouTube. (Do not count me out of this one just yet. Also, watch your back.)

Nope, the Fun Thing We’re Going to Do That Probably Seems Less Fun Thanks to All of My Hype is Mad Libs. But not just any Mad Libs—QUERY MAD LIBS.

Not only will I chose a random commenter and use their words in the query I’ve created, I won’t stop any of you from using this query when e-mailing agents. (That said, I highly suggest filling in the blanks with your own words, just so it makes sense with your project. See? I always cover ALL my bases.)

So, here’s what I need from you today (I promise it only looks like a lot—picking words off the top of your head goes quickly):

Adjective
Age
Girl’s name
Adjective
Adjective
Sport
Plural noun
Geographical location
Item of clothing
Designer label
Boy’s name
Temperature
Color
Adjective
Noun
Number
Adjective
Adverb ending in –ly
Adjective
Part of a house
Number
Noun
Noun
Direction
Adjective
Noun
Verb
Verb
Noun
Genre
Title
Number
Verb
Noun
Noun
Title
Your name

Leave your words in the comments and I’ll reveal the query later this week.

Also, you see those illustrations on the Mad Libs photo above? They look a lot like my dad, who is the human version of the glasses, nose, and mustache disguise. No joke. I'll have to show you photo proof some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment